The Inside Pits III
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Democrats and Gun laws
How many classes ? Empty2013-03-17, 07:23 by Val

» Plumerville SuperSpeedway
How many classes ? Empty2013-03-03, 10:44 by Val

» Whats the real reason Obama must shut down OFA?
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-28, 03:29 by Val

» Stand strong for America
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-27, 23:41 by Val

» Federal employees spent 3.4 million hours performing union activities while on the job
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-27, 23:38 by Val

» Sportsmen rally locals to protest SAFE Act
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-27, 23:32 by Val

» Feinstein gun bill confusing, unnecessary
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-27, 23:23 by Val

» Daytona 2013, This will be a day to remember
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-27, 10:28 by Val

» Comp cams super dirt series
How many classes ? Empty2013-02-24, 09:12 by Val

Track Of The Week
Photobucket
Facebook

How many classes ?

5 posters

Go down

How many classes ? Empty How many classes ?

Post  Charlie 2010-02-25, 10:14

Do tracks need 3 classes of Full Body cars so close to each other.? I put this question to my friends at Race Shop today, you can imagine how popular that was.
We have Factory, Hobby and Outlaw Streets at CCSS, some other tracks here run the same. I think Factory and Outlaws may be enough, not enough difference in Factory & Hobby.
Or in my fantasy we would do this - Hobby and Street could be combined maybe with limited c.i. rule. Then make the Outlaw Streets an " Run What Ya Brung " Class with 4 bbl., LM Model Tires, Wings, Performance Trans. Only problem with that is that class would be limited to only Our Track.
Charlie
Charlie
Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

How many classes ? Empty Re: How many classes ?

Post  tennesseeracefan 2010-02-25, 11:12

You're last part of the statement is what hurts dirt racing... Rules at some places are made for just the cars that race there every week, which doesn't allow guys from other tracks drop in from time to time. Too many tracks have classes of cars that only run at that certain track, which kills any chance of picking up cars from different tracks.

tennesseeracefan
Points Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  les#4 2010-02-25, 20:48

I agree to many different rules for different tracks, I wish there could be a meeting between track owners to sit down and sorta get on the same playing field on the rules, because it may rain one track out and alot of guys who have worked on their cars all week wanna run somewhere and will start calling around, but with the way the rules are now between tracks, its hard to find a place, JMO

les#4
Chicken Bone Alley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie 2010-02-25, 22:34

You guys miss the point, i said in my fantasy i would have a R.W.Y.B. class, but I don't think that class would ever happen.
The original jist of this post is that i love full body cars, but 3 classes may be too much. I lean toward Factory and Street. Here in Arkansas Streets are the top class, i realize in other areas its Hobby. But here at some tracks with have both Hobby and Street and they are too close.
Luckily you can take most any full body car and it will fit in some class at most all Ark. speedways, unless its got a 4 bbl. and then you are limited to only 3 or 4 tracks
Charlie
Charlie
Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

Post  DBG 2010-02-26, 06:07

Thats why I like the MODIFIEDS, and Crate Late Models. You can race them at about any track you go to. Wink Arrow affraid cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by DBG on 2010-03-17, 18:07; edited 1 time in total
DBG
DBG
Points Champion

https://theinsidepits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  palerider 2010-03-16, 16:00

I think the Factory and Hobby classes should be combined. The gap between those 2 classes is smaller than from a Hobby to a Street Stock. Put the current Street Stocks on a 4bbl carb and watch'em fly. Leave the wings off, personally don't have a problem with them, but its just something else to pay for and there's not really a rule you can make where the boys that don't have them won't be at a disadvantage. The after market transmissions and late model tires and wheels are also just added expenses. Besides, with Drew County going under, I believe no tracks in Arkansas runs them anymore, again limiting car counts. JMO. Since we're talking fantasy here's mine. A strictly Factory Stock class for Novice. By strictly I mean STRICTLY FACTORY. 2 years in the class and you move up. Hobby Stocks standing alone with their rules as they are now. And I'll borrow your term Charlie, Outlaw Streets with the rules they have now and the addition of a 4bbl. This way, there's a steady graduation between the classes and they have the ability to feed each other cars. It'd be simple, 2 years, your now a Hobby. Wanna go faster? Move up to Outlaw. JMO
palerider
palerider
Chicken Bone Alley

Back to top Go down

Post  DBG 2010-03-17, 04:24

Thinking A Pure Factory OEM Stock Class with a two year limit or until they reach 18 yrs of age(by this I.E. if they start the class at 14 they can stay in it until they're 18) How many classes ? 997999 . And The regular ARK. Street Stock Class as is or with a four barrel. Mad cheers Flag
DBG
DBG
Points Champion

https://theinsidepits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum