The Inside Pits III
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Democrats and Gun laws
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-03-17, 07:23 by Val

» Plumerville SuperSpeedway
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-03-03, 10:44 by Val

» Whats the real reason Obama must shut down OFA?
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-28, 03:29 by Val

» Stand strong for America
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-27, 23:41 by Val

» Federal employees spent 3.4 million hours performing union activities while on the job
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-27, 23:38 by Val

» Sportsmen rally locals to protest SAFE Act
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-27, 23:32 by Val

» Feinstein gun bill confusing, unnecessary
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-27, 23:23 by Val

» Daytona 2013, This will be a day to remember
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-27, 10:28 by Val

» Comp cams super dirt series
COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty2013-02-24, 09:12 by Val

Track Of The Week
Photobucket
Facebook

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME.........

2 posters

Go down

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME.........

Post  Charlie 2010-05-18, 04:41

Those of You who know me know i spent most of my adult life riding Bulls in Rodeo, my folks were rodeo people and i grew up around it. But i had a much older brother who was a gear head and thru him when i was a small child i got very interested in Stock Car Racing.
These programs here are from the late 1960's at Razorback Speedway in Fort Smith. My brother would go to these races at Razorback and he had all these programs and more in a binder. I would look at these for hours and the cars shown here are the first race cars I ever saw and it was so exciting. In these pages you will find racing photos of Don Schoenfeld of " Schoenfeld Headers " fame and if you will look closely You will see some of the cars had steering wheels/driver seats in the middle of the car.
By the time My brother took me to my first race at Razorback in 1971 the Super and Junior Modified cars no longer existed, but you could still see those cars setting at garages around Fort Smith at that time. The classes i remember from my first race were Hobby Stock and Late Model, the LM's then were just the new Camaros, Novas, Mustangs of the day, its the first place I ever saw Larry Phillips.
Anyway, eventually I decided I had to do the Bull Riding thing and never got back to the races until 1999. Hope you enjoy the cool pictures of these old style cars and stuff that follows, this is where it started for Me.

http://www.fortsmithhistory.org/razorback_speedway_1968.htm

Last edited by Charlie on 2010-05-19, 05:55; edited 1 time in total
Charlie
Charlie
Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty BACK IN THE DAY

Post  DBG 2010-05-18, 05:18

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... 50362 THOSE ARE SOME COOL PICTURES CHARLIE. I REMEMBER THEM ALSO. COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... 50362
DBG
DBG
Points Champion

https://theinsidepits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty Re: COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME.........

Post  Charlie 2010-05-18, 05:25

I forgot to say if you click on each individual cover page the whole program opens up.
Charlie
Charlie
Pole Sitter

Back to top Go down

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Empty Re: COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME.........

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum