The Inside Pits III
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Democrats and Gun laws
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-03-17, 07:23 by Val

» Plumerville SuperSpeedway
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-03-03, 10:44 by Val

» Whats the real reason Obama must shut down OFA?
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-28, 03:29 by Val

» Stand strong for America
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-27, 23:41 by Val

» Federal employees spent 3.4 million hours performing union activities while on the job
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-27, 23:38 by Val

» Sportsmen rally locals to protest SAFE Act
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-27, 23:32 by Val

» Feinstein gun bill confusing, unnecessary
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-27, 23:23 by Val

» Daytona 2013, This will be a day to remember
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-27, 10:28 by Val

» Comp cams super dirt series
SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty2013-02-24, 09:12 by Val

Track Of The Week
Photobucket
Facebook

SRRS Technical Bulletin

2 posters

Go down

SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty SRRS Technical Bulletin

Post  tennesseeracefan 2010-02-16, 10:26

Murfreesboro, TN – The Southern Regional Racing Series has issued a Technical Bulletin to competitors planning on competing at events in the 2010 season, beginning with the Bama Bash at Greenvalley on Feb 25-28:

1) Competitors will be permitted to run the GM 525 Crate Engine with these specifications. Weight 2300 lbs, 8 in. spoiler and $7,500 claim option.
(This is the only engine that will be allowed to run a coil pack.)
2) Tire Rule changes: Tires used for qualifying must be used for all events. Tires will be checked and marked after qualifying and must not be tampered with or altered. Infractions will result in disqualification and/or fines.

Further information can be obtained by visiting the SRRS website at www.southernregionalracingseries.com

tennesseeracefan
Points Champion

Back to top Go down

SRRS Technical Bulletin Empty Re: SRRS Technical Bulletin

Post  supercomet32 2010-06-12, 05:50

personally i think its bs to require a driver to run the same tires he qualified on to race on. you should be allowed at least two compounds because a soft tire that will fire in a lap will not last on a long run. then you burn up tires an dactually have to buy more tires over the year because you run them outta rubber and have to start buying sheet metal bumpers and control arms and wheels....etc the 21/55 combo tire rule in my opinion is the smart approach and not too worried about affording a 4 compound rule either. for weekly racing that is but a crown jewel has to be on open rule just to get people to come try what they got in the shed that wouldve got em thrown out in the season and they are living half the country away. just my .02

supercomet32
Chicken Bone Alley

Back to top Go down

Post  tennesseeracefan 2010-06-12, 13:43

I figured that when I saw this was the rule that they were gonna use this year, that the car counts would be down for the SRRS races. But that hasn't been the case this year! And some of the bigger guys like Ray Cook are still running a SRRS race here and there as well. So I guess people learned to get used to the rule. I think it does help with guys that might used doctored up tires for qualifying to get a good starting spot for the feature, because they typically don't use the tire sniffer after qualifying.

tennesseeracefan
Points Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down